Brandon J. Zanotti Attorney
About Brandon J. Zanotti
Brandon J. Zanotti is a partner with Sam C. Mitchell and Associates with extensive trial, workers’ compensation, business, and criminal law experience.
Brandon served for eight years as the Williamson County State’s Attorney, filling the position of long term prosecutor Chuck Garnati in 2014, and then winning two elections to the post in 2016 and 2020. As State’s Attorney, Brandon was a tireless voice for victims of violent crime, and he tried many cases, including murder trials, to guilty verdicts.
Prior to that, Brandon was an administrative law judge with the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, having presided over and decided on over 350 contested hearings, and over a thousand motion hearings and settlement conferences. Before that, Brandon was a trial and business attorney with a large firm in Carbondale. Brandon also clerked for U.S. Senator Richard Durbin in Washington, D.C. while in law school.
Brandon is a lifelong Southern Illinoisan. He and his wife Katie and their two daughters reside in rural Johnston City. In addition to serving on several local not-for-profit and charitable boards, Brandon is also an adjunct professor of law at Southern Illinois University School of Law. Brandon also regularly publishes scholarly legal articles that advance the legal profession.
- Juris Doctor: Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2008
- B.S., summa cum laude: Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2003
- Fellowship: Edgar Fellows, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2018
- State of Illinois
- State of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois Federal Court
Memberships & Boards
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Franklin-Williamson Child Advocacy Center
- The Laborers’ Care Foundation