Illinois Personal Injury Resources Helpful Information from Our Legal Team
In the wake of an unexpected accident, injury, or death of a loved one, you likely have many questions about your rights, your legal options, and what to expect from the personal injury process. At Sam C. Mitchell & Associates, we understand that the process can be both daunting and confusing. To that end, we’ve compiled some helpful information and links for you to browse as you begin to learn more about the personal injury process and your rights. We invite you to take a look at our Illinois personal injury resources here, or contact us directly to discuss your case with an attorney at our firm.
Have questions about your personal injury or car accident claim? Find answers to frequently asked questions with our helpful FAQs!
The Personal Injury Process
Learn more about your rights, the process of filing a personal injury claim, how the law may apply to your situation, and more.
- Understanding the law
- What to expect
- Types of personal injury cases we handle
- Types of auto accident cases we handle
Choosing a Personal Injury Attorney
Finding an attorney to assist you with your claim can be daunting—but choosing the right attorney may prove critical to the outcome of your case.
- Picking the right attorney
- What to expect when meeting with your attorney
- About Sam C. Mitchell & Associates
- Get to know our attorneys
General Legal Resources
If you’re looking for additional legal resources, look no further! We’ve compiled helpful links so you can learn more about Illinois personal injury laws, the U.S. district court system, the circuit court system, general safety, and more!
Illinois Law Resources
Click the links below to learn more about Illinois law, including labor and safety laws, workplace safety regulations, workers’ compensation laws, and more:
- State of Illinois
- Illinois Secretary of State
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois Department of Labor
- Illinois Worker’s Compensation Commission
United States District Courts
The United States district courts are the general trial courts of the United Stated federal court system. Both civil and criminal cases are filed in the district court, which is a court of law, equity, and admiralty.
Clerks for the Circuit Court
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is an Illinois constitutional officer elected by the citizens. The Office of the Circuit Clerk maintains the official records for the court system and receives the court documents for filing for both civil and criminal cases.
- Williamson County Circuit Clerk
- Franklin County Circuit Clerk
- Jackson County Circuit Clerk
- Jefferson County Circuit Clerk
- Randolph County Circuit Clerk
- Union County Circuit Clerk
Find information on Illinois and local law enforcement agencies.
Click the links below to learn more about laws and regulations regarding safety on public transportation, in workplaces, on the road, in product manufacturing, and more.
- Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT)
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- United States Department of Labor
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country. At Sam C. Mitchell & Associates, some of our attorneys have served in the military and we strongly support all of those who have and continue to serve our country.