Nursing Home Neglect Attorneys in Illinois Sam C. Mitchell & Associates Helps You & Your Loved Ones
Nursing homes or assisted living facilities should be a safe haven to take our elderly or disabled loved ones, providing them with exceptional service and personal care. Sadly, each year thousands of vulnerable senior citizens suffer abuse and neglect in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities.
Our Illinois nursing home abuse lawyers at Sam C. Mitchell & Associates can identify signs of abuse or neglect, assist in improvements of care, and work to obtain compensation for injuries, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
We were able to obtain a $300,000.00 settlement for our elderly client who broke her leg due to the negligence of the nursing home. Learn more about our recent case results!
Types of Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse
Nursing home abuse and negligence can come in many forms, such as:
- Bed sores or ulcers
- Poor nutrition and hygiene
- Physical or verbal abuse
- Medication mistakes
- Unexplained bruises, falls, fractures, or other serious injuries
- Sexual harassment or abuse
- Unreasonable restraints
- Caretaker neglect
- Wrongful death
Signs of Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse
Because your loved one may not be able to speak up for himself/herself, it’s important that you know the signs of nursing home neglect and abuse. If you notice any signs of abuse or neglect, or if you suspect neglect or abuse are occurring, do not hesitate to contact the proper authorities. This may include calling 911 or the police if you believe your loved one is in immediate danger.
Some common signs of nursing home neglect and abuse include:
- Unexplained injuries of any kind
- Changes in mood or behavior
- Seeming unwillingness to speak in front of a caretaker/staff
- Sexual injuries or sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Over- or under-medication
- Generally unclean or poorly maintained facilities
- Soiled or dirty sheets, linens, or clothing
- Sudden unexplained weight changes
- Changes in finances, including unexplained checking account withdrawals
- Changes to a will or trust
If you believe you or someone you know has suffered from neglect or abuse in a nursing home facility, please contact our Illinois medical malpractice attorneys at Sam C. Mitchell & Associates right away for a free and confidential consultation. We can help you protect your family and loved ones from harm and fight for justice and fair compensation. We offer free initial consultations and you pay us only if we succeed in getting you the compensation you seek.